USA Dance will maintain the Ethics Committee as follows and the committee has the responsibilities specified below:
- Members of the Ethics Committee include five (5) individuals comprised of three (3) Independent Directors, one Elite Championship Athlete and one GC member who acts as the Committee Chair. With the exception of the Chair, no member of the Ethics Committee may simultaneously hold a voting position on the GC, DSC, SDC, or PDC nor have held such a position in the 24 months preceding their appointment to the Ethics Committee. The two persons selected from USA Dance must be members in good standing.
- Excluding the Committee Chair the Nominations and Elections Committee appoints the members of the Ethics Committee for two-year terms. No member of the Ethics Committee may serve for more than two consecutive terms. The Chair is appointed by the President from the current members of the GC subject to majority ratification by the voting members of the GC. The Chair’s term expires when his or her term expires on the GC.
- The positions on the Ethics Committee members whose terms are expiring must have their positions filled by the Nominations and Elections Committee or in the case of the Ethics Committee Chair the President prior to the expiration of their term.
- The Ethics Committee:
- oversees implementation of and compliance with, the USA Dance Code of Ethics
- reports to the GC on all ethical issues
- develops and reviews on an annual basis a Code of Ethics for all USA Dance voting bodies, officers, staff members,
- committee and task force members, volunteers, and member
- organizations for adoption by the GC
- reviews and investigates matters of ethical impropriety and makes recommendations on such matters to the GC
- reviews and provides guidance on ethical questions presented to it by the GC, officers, committee and task force members,
- volunteers, staff and USA Dance members; and
- performs such other duties as assigned by the GC, EC, or President.
Complaint Procedure - description of the Complaint procedure for members
Complaint Fee Structure - fee structure for Complaints.